These conditions set out the terms of the Contract between the Removal Company and the Customer and explain your rights and obligations and responsibilities and those of the Contractor.
- Any reference in these conditions to “we” or “us” is a reference to the Taxi Vans Cardiff.
- Any reference in these conditions to “you” is a reference to the Customer.
- Quotations do not include customs duties or any other levies of fees payable to government or other statutory bodies and all such duties of fees will be payable by you in addition to the quoted price.
- Although we quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation.
- If due to the delay on your part the work is not carried out or completed within 3 months of the quotation date.
- Our costs increase as a result of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight charges beyond our control.
- We have to collect or deliver goods above second floor level.
- We supply any additional services.
- There are delays outside our reasonable control.
- Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable for our vehicles.
- Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require.
- In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges.
- Quotations include a removals insurance premium but the payment of the premium creates a separate contract between the insurer and you which is subject to the terms and conditions of the Insurer. A summary of the cover provided and main exclusions from the cover is enclosed with these conditions.
- Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require. Accordingly your signed acceptance of our quotation does not constitute a contract between us until you have our confirmation that we can move your goods on the requested date.
Work excluded from our quotations
Unless previously agreed we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture, fitments or fittings.
- Disconnect any gas or electric cooker or over, and reconnect. This must be done by a qualified expert.
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
- Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Move night storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
The following items are specifically excluded from the Contract and will not be removed :
- Jewelry, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior agreement. If you submit such goods without our knowledge we will not be liable for any loss or damage.
It is your sole responsibility to:
- Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal. Other then by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from these matters.
Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- The goods to be removed are your own property or you have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the goods to be removed.
- You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
- Jobs cancelled with less than 5 days notice will be liable for the full cost of the removal. the For further details, please do not hesitate to give us a call, and discuss this or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of removal charges
- All deposits made on a House Removal booking are non-refundable. They are paid to secure your booking date with Taxi Vans Cardiff. If the date for your move changes, we will do our very best to rearrange and reschedule at the earliest opportunity. If you wish to cancel a job please contact with as much time as possible.
Our liability for loss or damage
- In the event of our losing or damaging your goods we will pay for the reasonable costs of the repair or replacement (less wear and tear) of the item if we have been negligent.
- In the event of a total or partial loss or damage to your goods, we will not be liable for the following:
- “new for old” replacement value for lost or damaged goods.
- any loss or damage which is not caused by us.
- any unforeseeable additional costs you might incur as a result of loss of a particular item.
If you require insurance cover for any of the matters set out above you will need to arrange that independently.
Damage to premises
- We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence.
Time limits for claims
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any goods unless any claim for loss or damage is notified to us in writing within SEVEN DAYS of either collection by you or delivery by us to their destination.
Our rights to withhold goods
- We have a legal right to withhold goods until you have paid all our charges and other payments due under this contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait for payment you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a result of withholding your goods.
Sub-contracting the work
- We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a quotation without reference to you. If we do sub-contract these terms and conditions will still apply in full.
- These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions.
- This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales.